Admissions Requirements and Forms
For Hebrew Academy Students Entering Grades K-5
Admission to the school is possible at any grade level. Applicants for kindergarten should be five-years-old by the start of school. The admission process for all grades includes admissions testing, transcripts from the prior school and an interview/visit by the applicant. Standardized admission tests are used to help determine grade level placement. The admissions process for grade kindergarten through 5 is outlined in Admissions Requirements. We look forward to getting to know you and your child.
- Complete the online Application for Enrollment along with the $25 application fee.
- Carin Simon, Admission Director, will call to arrange a testing date for your child. Current Strelitz preschool students will be screened during the day for entrance to kindergarten. Students coming from other schools will be scheduled to come in for a screening and asked to provide previous school records.
- Students coming from other schools are required to complete the Release of Student Records. Additionally, applicants must submit a recommendation from his/her current teacher. Please use the Student Evaluation Form supplied by the Hebrew Academy of Tidewater in the application materials.
- All applicants are required to provide an original birth certificate, current health records, a completed physical examination report, and immunization records as required by the state of Virginia.
- Tuition assistance is available and is confidential. Families who apply for tuition assistance must have an application on file. Those families applying for tuition assistance will be notified by the Financial Aid Committee in a separate letter. For more information, please contact Cheryl McAuley in the Business Office, 757-424-4327.
*All four year old students at the Strelitz Early Childhood Center will receive an admissions packet by mail in January.
We look forward to receiving each student’s application and are eager to help you through the process. Please contact Carin Simon, Admissions Director with any questions at 757-424-4327.
Hebrew Academy Forms: