Hakesher Parent Organization
Hebrew Academy’s Hakesher Committee is proud to have the active involvement of our parents. The purpose of Hakesher is to:
- foster closer relationships among the parents, faculty, and administration;
- organize and raise money for specific school programs;
- promote activities that lead to improved school spirit and enthusiasm for our Jewish heritage;
- conduct its affairs to benefit the public image of our schools, students, and faculty;
- provide volunteer assistance to the school;
- ensure that the parents' views and opinions are brought to the attention of administration.
Each year, Hakesher and Hagananim (Strelitz Parent Organization) sponsor many fun and educational programs for students and their families such as Lunch-and-Learns, holiday celebrations, fundraisers and educational/social gatherings. All of these activities require the assistance of volunteers to make them a success. Please, invest time with your children and join us! Utilize your expertise, display your talents, and help us make a positive difference. To join or for more information, email Patti Seeman or please call 757-424-4327.
Hakesher, Hebrew for Connection, is the volunteer parent organization for Hebrew Academy of Tidewater. Our committees include:
- Fundraising: wrapping paper, Passover candy, VIC cards, Box Tops, Target Visas
- Family Lunch and Learns
- Rosh Chodesh: school supplies given for each of the Rosh Chodesh observances.
- Model Seder-Prep: cooking, set-up, serving, clean-up.
- Room Parent Volunteer Coordinator
- End-of-the-year Cookout
- New Family Welcome Baskets
- Holiday Treat Bag Committee: Chanukah, Simchat Torah, Tu B’shevat, Purim and Shavuot
- Israeli Independence Day: assisting kitchen staff with preparing an Israeli lunch
- Gift shop
- Challah Committee
To join us or for more information, please email Patti Seeman, or call 757-424-4327.